This is one of those deals you’re going to want to move quickly on. The Points Guy got a tip earlier today that a 100K American Airlines points offer exists for the Citi Executive AAdvantage World Mastercard. This card is the premium co-branded credit card offered by Citi/AA, so it comes with a hefty $450 fee, but it’s worth it for the points in my mind. Here are other benefits of the card:
- Earn 100,000 AAdvantage bonus miles after making $10,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.
- Earn up to $200 in statement credits — earn $1 in statement credits for each $1 spent on purchases within the first 12 months.
- Admirals Club membership (Lounge Access).
- Earn 10,000 Elite Qualifying Miles after spending $40,000 each calendar year.
- No foreign transaction fees.
- Earn two AAdvantage miles per $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases, including US Airways codeshare flights booked on aa.com.
- Priority boarding.
- $450 Annual Fee
In my opinion, the 100K bonus is worth the $450 fee alone. When you add on the $200 statement credits and lounge access, this card is a no brainer and a good option in place of the Amex Platinum card, which many of you are likely cancelling these days at the one year mark.
Look at it like you’re “buying” 110K AA points (including the $10K spend) for $250 (the $450 annual fee minus $200 statement credits). That means you’re “buying” AA points for $.00227/point. That’s cheap. And those points can take you a lot of places in the world in business and/or first class!
And don’t be afraid to call them – my application went to pending. I called, was asked some questions about the 3 cards I applied for in December (ha!) and a new car loan, but was still good to go after moving some credit from existing Citi cards. Be patient…they’re experiencing a very high call volume right now ;).
WARNING: The link asks for a referral code and airport code, but you are able to proceed without filling in that information. As always there is no guarantee that you will get the 100K points, but I think you will. I would apply if I were you! This deal will not last – do not wait, apply now if you’re going to! Oh, and always be mindful of devaluations!